Unfortunately this competition is no longer available, if you’re looking for something similar for your students to get involved in please get in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Bring out you and your students’ inner photographer with Kent Downs’ Photography Competition.
Whether you’re cycling along the iconic Kent coast, walking down forest footpaths or hiking up to a hidden hilltop viewpoint, there is something incredibly wonderful about the landscape as it settles into an Autumn haze or Winter frost.
With Kent Downs’ new itineraries, unique experiences and plenty of routes to follow, there’s never been a better time to #bemoreoutdoors.
You and your students can share what you discover and get the chance to win some fantastic prizes with their Experience partners.
Enter by midnight on 12th December and sign-up to get the latest news and updates about new experiences coming soon.
Prizes you and your students can win!
There are two categories – Ages 5-15 and the second category is for all those 16+.
Prizes for children aged 6-15
- Winner: A family survival adventure for up to 4 people at Natural Pathways Bushcraft.
- 2nd Prize: A day on the farm learning about growing home-grown food with lunch for up to 5 guests at Rebel Farmer.
- 3rd Prize: Learn how to make curry and chapatis outdoors on a campfire with Out to the Woods CIC.
- Runner-up: Discover Canterbury in a new way with up to 6 others on a river tour from Canterbury Punting.
Prizes for 16+
- Winner: Overnight stay with breakfast, lunch and wreath making workshop at Chilton Farm B&B.
- 2nd Prize: One-to-one photography teaching with lunch and framed print with Through the Lens Experiences.
- 3rd Prize: Mindfulness walk & coaching session with an expert life coach, Martin Covill of Kent Adventure Coaching.
- Runner-up: Half-day secret pilgrimage of Canterbury experience including lunch, scrip and entry to key attractions.
How to enter
You can find more information and enter their competition on the Kent Downs website. Here, you can also sign up to learn more about all the big prizes on offer.
Want some FREE Expect Photography Tuition?
Alongside their competition, Kent Downs has organised free tuition with expert photographer and teacher – Alex Hare.
Don’t have a camera? Don’t worry! All the sessions will cover tips and guides for everyone – regardless of whether they have the swankiest new Nikon or not! In addition, Alex Hare will teach you how to take stunning photographs with your phone or camera.
8th December 2pm at Kingsdown
This photo walk will help you feel more confident with your camera, excited about outdoor photography and include top tips.
16th December 10:30 am at Shorne Woods
Take a short easy access tour around Shorne Woods and spend some time out photographing the nearby nature and wildlife.
20th December 10am at Kings Wood
Alex has created a fun and engaging short walk for younger children and their parents to enjoy doing things together outside.
21st December 10am at Chilham
This walk-around this popular TV location will help your teens and tweens get some gorgeous and shareable snaps.
Get outside and enjoy all that the Kent Countryside has to offer. Learn new skills with their free photography tuition and have fun while having a go at their competition.
Want to know more about what Kent Downs can offer you and your students?
We’re here to help you plan your next trip and support learning back in the classroom. Get in touch to find out more about Kent Downs’ educational offering and ways they can support your next school trip out in nature.
Co-financed by the European Union European and Regional Development Fund.