The Golden Hinde’s Virtual Voyage (KS1)
Join The Golden Hinde for a Virtual Voyage and discover a world of prolific pirates.
Using multimedia and live activities, The Golden Hinde’s highly interactive workshop explores a history of pirates in your classroom, from the earliest known pirates, through to the Golden Age and up to the 21st century. Their educators will help your class deepen their historical knowledge and understanding, encouraging them to respond critically and creatively.
The KS1 Virtual Voyage is split into three parts:
- Pre-session activity: Explore ‘The Pirates Interactive Map’ with the option for students to create their own pirate.
- Virtual Classroom: Join two Golden Hinde educators on Zoom for a 1hr interactive workshop which looks at life on board an Elizabethan pirate ship and examines the reasons behind popular pirate mythology.
- Post-session activity: Use the ‘Life onboard an Elizabethan Pirate Ship’ worksheet to consolidate your students’ learning with a creative writing and drawing project.
All resources are provided by The Golden Hinde in advance of the online session to be used at home or in the classroom.
- To investigate pirates from different places and points in history.
- To explore day-to-day life on an Elizabethan ship and think about how it differs from their own experiences.
- To understand how to use visual and textual evidence to help them think about the past.
- To understand how to use historical information to inspire creative writing
Links to the National Curriculum KS1:
- History (explorers, pirates, Tudors, Elizabethans, empire)
- English (creative writing)
- Art (drawing)
Here to help.
I’m here to help you every step of the way.