After a fantastic run at Prince Edward Theatre, Mary Poppins is sadly no longer running. If you are looking for a similar school trip please get in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Take a school trip to Disney and Cameron Mackintosh’s multi-award-winning musical Mary Poppins.
The hit west-end musical is back on sale to schools. The show will, once again, be brought to life at the Prince Edward Theatre, London with dazzling choreography, incredible effects and unforgettable songs.
The show stars Zizi Strallen – returning to play the title role following great acclaim on the recent sell-out international tour. The cast also includes Charlie Stemp as Bert (who recently gave an award-winning performance as Arthur Kipps in Cameron Mackintosh’s production of Half A Sixpence). Joseph Millson plays Mr Banks, Amy Griffiths as Mrs Banks and the legendary Petula Clark as The Bird Woman.
Mary Poppins School Trip Rates
Schools can take advantage of the exclusive school group rate – allowing them to purchase Band A or below seats for just £29.50. Teachers also go free, with one place for every 10 students booked.
Cost: £29.50 per student
Teachers: 1 free ticket per 10 students booked
Venue: Prince Edward Theatre, London
Dates: From 7th August 2021
Booking until: 13th February 2022
Days valid: Monday – Thursday performances
Please note that exclusions may apply. All group rates based on availability and subject to change.
Official Mary Poppins Schools Workshops
Make a practically perfect school trip with an official Mary Poppins workshop – an engaging, fun way to connect your students with the show. Available exclusively through Disney Tickets.
Movement and Music Workshop – Performance Skills
Your students will learn an extract from the much-loved Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, adapted for all ages and ability levels.
This workshop is perfect for:
- Mixed groups. The content is very upbeat, celebratory and focuses on rhythm and ensemble movement. This can be extended if your group picks the content up quickly and are confident performers. Content is adapted for age and ability, suitable for primary & secondary schools and youth groups.
- All group types, mixed group experience levels and ages.
- Groups looking to explore musical theatre and build on performance skills.
- Suitable for KS2+ (ages seven and up).
Spotlight on Acting Workshop – Acting Skills
Your students will explore extracts from the Mary Poppins script, focusing on characterisation, intention, physicality and voice.
This workshop is perfect for:
- Drama students or groups producing their own musical.
- Groups looking to hone their acting skills.
- Students that want to focus on characterisation, voice and moment, objective and intention, comedy and more.
- Suitable for KS2+ (recommended for ages nine and up). Participants should be confident readers as they will be working with script extracts from the show and asked to read their parts aloud to the group.
Free Mary Poppins Teaching Resources
Bring Mary Poppins back into the classroom with their free teaching resources. Click the links below to see the resources or access them all on the Disney On Stage Education Resource Site.
All resources are free to download and suitable for Primary students (ages 6-11).
Mary Poppins enjoys making words fun. Have a play with how many words and letters you can find in the biggest word you’ve ever heard!
Make Your Own Magic
Use your imagination to create a magical experience through the story of Mary Poppins. Write a story and maybe even act it out!
Make a Kite!
One of the happiest songs in Mary Poppins is ‘Let’s Go Fly a Kite’. Why not make your own kite?
Get creative – print out and colour in these iconic items from Mary Poppins!
You can now plan and book a school trip to Disney and Cameron Mackintosh’s multi-award-winning musical Mary Poppins. The show has an exclusive reduced rate just for schools – Band A tickets for just £29.50 (plus teachers go free!)
You can also support the show with their official workshops and free teaching resources to bring the school trip back into the classroom.
Ready to book, want a quote or have a question? Get in touch!
We’re here to help you plan, book and take your next school trip. Get in touch through the links below and we’ll get back to you ASAP.