School Trip Rewards T&Cs
Everything you need to know
Last updated 4 Nov 23
General School Trip Rewards Scheme Terms & Conditions
1. The School Trip Rewards scheme and benefits are operated by The School Trip Group Ltd (“we,” “us,” “our” “ours”), under company registration number 13753373. Our registered office is at Forma House, 40 Bowling Green Lane, London, England, EC1R 0NE.
2. The School Trip can cancel, withdraw, amend or alter the scheme at any time, including these terms and conditions or any individual’s School Trip Rewards account. If these terms and conditions are altered, we will send an email communication to the addresses associated with your rewards scheme account.
3. The School Trip Rewards scheme and benefits are only valid in the UK for UK-based schools.
4. The School Trip can take any appropriate action, including removing or suspending an account, School Trip Points and School Trip Cashback accrued, if we have reason to believe you are abusing the scheme or associated rewards and offers. Examples of such abuses include, but are not limited to, the following:
Fraudulent Activity: Deliberately providing false information, impersonating another individual or school, or creating multiple accounts for the same school in order to gain additional School Trip Rewards points or cashback.
Point/Cashback Manipulation: Activities aimed at unfairly accumulating points or cashback, such as booking and then cancelling school trips repeatedly to collect points without the intention of actually undertaking the trips.
Exploitation of Promotions: Repeatedly taking advantage of a promotion or discount without adhering to its terms, or using offers in a way that was not intended by The School Trip, such as sharing exclusive promotional codes meant for single use with multiple users.
Unauthorized Sharing: Sharing or selling School Trip Rewards points or cashback with/to individuals or schools that did not earn them.
Misrepresentation: Misusing any School Trip Rewards scheme tier benefits or misrepresenting a school’s tier status to gain unauthorized advantages.
4.1. Upon identification of any such activities, we reserve the right to take appropriate actions, which include, but are not limited to, removing or suspending an account, revoking School Trip Points, and School Trip Cashback accrued. Serious abuses may also result in permanent exclusion from the scheme and could lead to legal action.
4.2. If you are uncertain about any action and whether it might constitute abuse of the scheme, we strongly encourage you to contact our customer service team for clarification before proceeding. We are here to help and ensure that the School Trip Rewards scheme remains beneficial and fair for all participating schools.
5. A School Trip Rewards account is created automatically when creating a teacher from a UK school creates an account with The School Trip. You can create an account with The School Trip by visiting https://theschooltrip.co.uk/join/.
6. If you wish to have an account with The School Trip, however, not be part of the School Trip Rewards scheme please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. All schools that are part of the School Trip Rewards scheme must be UK-based. If we cannot match your school details to the Department for Education register, proof of school may be asked.
8. Members must register their personal details and keep The School Trip informed of any changes – especially in relation to their email address. The School Trip cannot be held responsible for any loss of points incurred due to out-of-date details.
9. Only one School Trip Rewards account is permitted per school.
10. If we identify that your school holds two or more School Trip Rewards accounts, we may merge them into one account. Any merged accounts will not carry over any Welcome Bonuses, Annual Bonuses or other rewards at our discretion.
11. Your School Trip Rewards Account has no expiry. An account only becomes inactive (no longer active) if every teacher associated with that school unsubscribes or deletes their School Trip Account. In such situations, The School Trip will attempt to make contact with the school, via phone and email, to see if you would like to keep your account active. If no confirmation is received within 28 calendar days, your account will be deleted and any School Trip Points and School Trip Cashback that may have been accrued will be forfeited.
12. If a teacher personally unsubscribes from The School Trip’s communications or deletes their account, this will not affect the School Trip Points or School Trip Cashback associated with the school, as long as there’s still at least one active teacher within that school.
13. Regretfully, The School Trip cannot be held liable for system failures on the website.
14. If, for any reason, any aspect of our School Trip Rewards scheme is not capable of running as planned due to events outside of The School Trip’s reasonable control, we may, in our sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the programme with 6 months’ notice, or invalidate any affected entries (this includes, without limitation, by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of The School Trip which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion). During any termination period and before closure, reward members will have the opportunity to redeem any accumulated reward points.
Collecting School Trip Points
1. The standard number of points you collect is 100 points for every school trip booked and invoiced by us. 25 points will be collected for every school trip where we facilitate the initial enquiry but do not invoice you.
2. There also may be giveaways, promotions or other schemes to collect further points, e.g. through referrals and completing surveys.
3. Unless otherwise stated by The School Trip, you cannot combine offers and only one offer may be used at one time during special promotional events.
4. Certain products may be excluded from special promotional events.
5. The School Trip is under no obligation to award School Trip Rewards points for any reason outside of qualifying transactions. Every school trip quote will display the number of School Trip Reward Points you will or have collected.
6. The School Trip Points scheme runs each year from the 1st September to the 31st August. Your current School Trip Points balance will be reset on the 1st September each year.
7. The School Trip is entitled to cancel or remove points at any time if products are returned for a full or partial refund. This also extends to the exchange of products, if the relevant products are exchanged.
8. Collected points will appear instantly on your School Trip Rewards statement. You can request a School Trip Rewards statement within your account (https://theschooltrip.co.uk/account/trips/) or by emailing email@example.com.
9. If you have a question about your School Trip Rewards statement, including the value of your points, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. You can find our full list of ways to earn and collect points by visiting https://theschooltrip.co.uk/rewards/.
11. School Trip Points have no cash value, cannot be exchanged for cash and are non-transferable.
School Trip Reward Tiers
1. Your School Trip Points help you move through the School Trip Reward Tiers from Bronze to Silver to Gold. For information on each of the tiers, please visit https://theschooltrip.co.uk/rewards/.
2. Every School Trip Rewards account starts on Bronze. Once you collect 300 School Trip Points, you will be moved to Silver and once you collect 500 School Trip Points, you will move to Gold.
3. You can see your current School Trip Reward Tier within your account (https://theschooltrip.co.uk/account/trips/)
4. The School Trip Rewards scheme runs from 1st September to 31st August each year. Your School Trip Reward Tier is valid until the 31st August the following year. For example, if you gain 300 School Trip Points between 1st September 2023 and 31st August 2024, you will be a Silver School from the date you reach 300 points until 31st August 2025. You will need to collect at least 300 School Trip Points within the 2024/25 academic year to remain as Silver for the following 2025/26 academic year.
5. The School Trip can cancel, withdraw, amend or alter any of the perks in the tiers at any time.
Collecting School Trip Cashback
1. The standard amount of cashback is determined by your School Trip Reward Tier and the amount you spend with The School Trip on qualifying purchases. However, the cashback amount can vary, e.g. through special promotional events.
2. You will always be told, as part of your School Trip Quote, if your purchase qualifies for School Trip Cashback and what that amount will be.
3. As standard Bronze level schools will collect 0.5% of the total spend, Silver schools will collect 0.75% of the total spend and Gold schools will collect 1% of the total spend.
4. Where the calculated value is not a whole penny, the amount of awarded cashback will be rounded up to the nearest penny. E.g. if a Bronze level school purchases £973, the calculated cashback amount is £4.865. Rounding this up to the nearest whole penny means you receive £4.87 in cashback.
5. Cashback can only be applied to future orders.
6. The value of your accrued cashback has no expiry. The only circumstance whereby your cashback will be lost is if no teacher in the school has an active account. Please see the above General School Trip Rewards Scheme Terms & Conditions section for more details on this.
7. There also may be giveaways, promotions or other schemes to collect further points, e.g. through referrals.
8. Unless otherwise stated by The School Trip, you cannot combine offers and only one offer may be used at one time during special promotional events.
9. Certain products may be excluded from special promotional events.
10. Cashback is only accrued on bookings made through The School Trip where The School Trip has invoiced the school directly and payment has been received.
11. The School Trip is under no obligation to award School Trip Cashback for any reason outside of qualifying transactions. Every school trip quote will display the number of School Trip Reward Cashback you will or have collected.
12. The School Trip is entitled to cancel or remove cashback at any time if products are returned for a full or partial refund. This also extends to the exchange of products, if the relevant products are exchanged for lower or higher-value items, the cashback will be adjusted accordingly to the exchanged product price.
13. Collected cashback will appear instantly on your School Trip Rewards statement. You can request a School Trip Rewards statement within your account (https://theschooltrip.co.uk/account/trips/) or by emailing email@example.com.
14. If you have a question about your School Trip Rewards statement, including the value of your cashback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. You can find our full list of ways to earn and collect points by visiting https://theschooltrip.co.uk/rewards/.
Spending School Trip Cashback
1. The value of your cashback can be used directly against the cost of your trip. For example, using £10.00 of cashback against a £100.00 booking will reduce the total cost to £90.00.
2. The School Trip will not exchange School Trip Rewards for cash and the offer is non-transferable.
3. Qualifying products include any product that The School Trip sells directly to the school whereby The School Trip has invoiced and will collect payment. Before using your cashback, The School Trip will confirm if the product qualifies.
4. You may also use your points to ‘purchase’ rewards, gifts, merchandise or other products or services that The School Trip offers as part of the School Trip Rewards scheme.
5. The School Trip can withdraw and amend the list of qualifying products at any time.
6. You must use only your own school’s cashback when making a booking or claiming a reward.
7. The value of the cashback spent cannot exceed the total cost of the booking.
8. To use your cashback against a booking, notify us before paying your invoice.
9. You can find our full list of ways to spend your cashback by emailing email@example.com.
Transferring School Trip Points and/or School Trip Cashback
1. School Trip Points and/or School Trip Cashback cannot be transferred to another school.
2. The only exception to this is if two School Trip Reward accounts are created for one school. Under these circumstances, we may merge them into one account. Any merged accounts will not carry over any Welcome Bonuses, Annual Bonuses or other rewards at our discretion.
3. In the event of a school closing or merging with another institution, we encourage you to spend all your School Trip Cashback before this happens. In the event of a school merging with another, under our discretion, we may transfer School Trip Points to the merged school.
4. If you believe that your school has two School Trip Reward accounts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dispute Resolution for the School Trip Rewards Scheme
1. In the event of a dispute specifically regarding the School Trip Rewards scheme, we encourage our customers to first bring the issue to the attention of our dedicated Rewards Scheme Customer Service Team. Our team is committed to resolving any concerns in accordance with our Customer Satisfaction Policy and adhering to the principles of fairness and good faith.
2. If an issue regarding the Rewards Scheme is not resolved to your satisfaction through our internal review process, you may request that the dispute be moved to an external mediation process. This process will be conducted by an independent mediator agreed upon by both parties. If you would like to initiate this process, please send us written notice requesting mediation.
3. The mediation will follow the guidelines set out by the Society of Ticket Agents and Retailers (“STAR”), and it will aim to reach an amicable resolution without the need for court intervention. Details of the STAR Code of Practice and Dispute Resolution Procedure can be found on their website at STAR Dispute Resolution, or you may contact them directly by phone.
4. If the mediation does not resolve the dispute, you retain the right to seek legal recourse through the courts as described in Section 14.6 of the General Terms, where these Terms are governed by English law.
5. This dispute resolution procedure does not restrict your legal rights to take any future legal action against The School Trip Group Ltd in respect of the Rewards Scheme.
Further Information and our General Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions are for The School Trip Group Ltd’s School Trip Rewards scheme.
Our full Terms & Conditions are available here https://theschooltrip.co.uk/terms/
For details of our collection, processing, storage, and retention of personal data, including, but not limited to, the purpose(s) for which personal data is used, the legal basis or bases for using it, details of your rights and how to exercise them, and personal data sharing (where applicable), please refer to our Privacy Notice available here https://theschooltrip.co.uk/privacy-policy/
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or our School Trip Rewards scheme, you can write to us at: Forma House, 40 Bowling Green Lane, London, England, EC1R 0NE. You can contact us by email at: email@example.com or telephone our customer service team (for users in the United Kingdom) on (+44) 020 064 0974.