Cogges Manor Farm’s Farming for Food (Full Day) Workshop
This workshops aim is to enhance the students’ understanding of farming and the provenance of healthy and environmentally sustainable food production. Considering how our choices impact the planet e.g. air miles and ethical choices that need to be made to feed an ever increasing population.
This is an in-depth programme delivering a 360-degree appreciation of bringing a farmed product to market. students are hands-on throughout the day and involved from the start of the farming process where they see where the produce is grown or reared, consider different produce that comes from a farm, prepare a product, design the packaging, and end the day with a final finished product which is market ready.
– Develop a knowledge of farming systems and processes, both past and present.
– Know where and how a variety of ingredients are grown, reared and processed.
– Appreciate the wide variety of issues that influence the decisions farmers make.
– Understand their own role as a consumer and reflect on their food decisions
– Think about how we can continue to feed an ever increasing population with the space and lad we have around us.
Here to help.
I’m here to help you every step of the way.