Vamos Theatres’ Full Mask Performing Workshop
The engaging and fast-paced session introduces students to mask theatre, showing how to create characters, develop clarity in communication and devise original work, empowering students to create their own mask theatre and gain a better understanding of theatre vocabulary needed for the written elements of GCSE/AS/A level drama.
The workshop will:
• familiarise students with the basic rules of performing in full mask, focusing on physical clarity
• develop students’ understanding of specific performance elements such as movement, gesture and pace, and how this helps in creating character and communicating intention
• teach students important mask techniques such as internal monologue, clocking, punctuated movement and stillness
• build students’ confidence in the devising process, and encourage them to think creatively and clearly
• encourage students to consider, and be able to critique, the importance of the performer/audience relationship
• develop teamwork and group trust
• allow shy or under-confident students to shine with the protection of a mask
This workshop can be led by a deaf practitioner for students who are deaf or HoH – please let them know when booking.
Here to help.
I’m here to help you every step of the way.